PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER - HEPATITIS - UK
This research based, market leading Biotech Company have seen their sales and profits quadruple over the last five years and are consistently pushing back the frontiers of innovative medicine including HIV and Hepatitis.
In the UK approximately 215,000 people are infected with Hepatitis C virus (HCV), however only around 10-15% are accessing appropriate care for their disease.
A number of socio-economic factors conspire against the population with HCV, who are often highly disadvantaged and/or lack the skills required to navigate a complex health system. In addition awareness of HCV is low with limited understand of the potential impact of the disease or the significant advances in treatment options in recent years.
In order to help patients overcome these barriers and receive the right care for them, our client is exploring a range of initiatives to support patients in reaching specialist clinicians. These activities (collectively referred to as 'Patient access to care' (PAC) initiatives) may be aimed at a range of audiences and may fit in a range of functions including Commercial, Medical, Access and Public Affairs.
This role will report to the Associate Director for PAC and will work cross functionally supporting initiatives that will facilitate patients accessing care. This role will work with a small team of PAC project managers. In addition this individual will need to work with all the functions involved with PAC to ensure strong alignment across the cross-functional team.
* Strategy: Identify new opportunities and develop UK&I strategy to improve PAC.
* Leadership: Regional accountability for engaging internal and external stakeholders to
* Compliance: Ensure clear focus on compliance with industry regulations and legal requirements.
* Implementation: Work directly with a range of external stakeholders to implement projects that support Patient Access to Care.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* Understanding of the NHS and driving change within this environment.
* Strong understanding of industry code of conduct and key relevant legislation.
* Proven ability to inform, develop and implement a plan.
* Cross-functional leadership- ability to mobilise others and maximize their contribution to deliver the strategy.
* Excellent stakeholder management- ability to create and build relationships to become a valued partner in improving PAC.
We would be delighted to tell you more. Please apply online or call CHASE on 0131 553 6644