Regional Sales Manager - North Midlands
Star's recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager to work with a leading medical devices company's diabetes portfolio. Diabetes affects 3.2 million people in the UK - this is a unique opportunity to make a real difference to healthcare professionals and their ability to assist their patients. As Regional Sales Manager, you'll manage your assigned territory, calling on predominantly primary and secondary care, and other diabetes related institutions and personnel. You'll also work to grow sales, gain new distributions, support customers in the field and create awareness of company products.
The Regional Sales Manager's key responsibilities include:
* Building relationships within the assigned territory
* Maintaining your knowledge of the NHS reimbursement scheme's processes and intricacies, and how that affects product use and recommendation of company products
* Developing local strategies to fulfil CCG contracts and formularies where company products are chosen
* Gaining new distribution on existing and new products, while executing marketing and promotional strategies to increase market share
* Building competitive immunity at each assigned account, both vertically and horizontally
* Developing your understanding of the inter-working between Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Diabetes Specialist Nurses, Clinicians and Pharmacists and work to gain recommendations along every link of the chain
* Providing timely updates to the Regional Manager, National Sales Manager, General Manager regarding accounts and market feedback
* Attending conferences, exhibitions and sponsored meetings as needed to support marketing efforts and interface with accounts
* Spending a minimum of 80% of working time with the prospects and customers
* Performing special projects as determined by the National Sales Manager or General Manager
The ideal candidate would have/be:
* A bachelor's degree in biomedical or biological sciences (or similar)
* Experience in customer-facing healthcare sales, or a related industry
* The ability to present and detail professionally to healthcare professionals including clinicians, NHS managers, CCG leads etc.
* The ability to support sales initiatives and present original thoughts and concepts to healthcare professionals
* Experience of diabetes through education, work or socially, is preferable but not essential
Apply for National Sales Manager opportunity now via this website or call Hazel on 0161 914 7660!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.