We are looking for a Medical Writer or Senior Medical Writer with a difference to join our Manchester office. You will act as a key member of the Healthcare Communications team, working alongside scientific and client services colleagues. Your main role will be to deliver high-quality and creatively oriented content.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Medical Communications, with an ability to think outside the usual confines of the industry, and a desire to be involved in something exciting. Our approach to MedComms is not traditional. We combine in-house expertise from different industries and skill sets (exhibitions, live events, digital, creative etc.), with a deep scientific and commercial understanding of the pharma industry. The result? Truly exceptional deliverables which are already being recognised by the industry as a seamless combination of creativity and science.
• Produce creative, factually accurate and clearly written content on a variety of therapeutic areas and across a range of formats and audiences, in line with project briefs and client expectations
• Lead specific projects, including briefing creative, digital and other colleagues as required, and liaising with them to ensure an appropriate balance of design and content
• Proactively contribute creative ideas to briefs and pitch work to add value to our clients
• Effectively communicate with other members of the Healthcare Communications team in order to ensure seamless project management
• Actively contribute to client/HCP events, and attend/facilitate these meetings as required
• Monitor project costs against agreed budgets and any changes to project scope
To be considered for this position you must have the following attributes and experience:
• Educated to degree level in a biomedical science (Masters or PhD preferred)
• Medical writing experience in a global medical communications agency (minimum 2 years), with at least 1 year in a similar position
• History of delivering scientific content in innovative but nevertheless scientific and commercially accurate ways
• Enthusiasm for delivering high quality and relevant medical and commercial content across a variety of channels and formats
• Experience in Respiratory Medicine would be of benefit
Your next step
To apply please send: Your CV and covering letter detailing your experience, motivation and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Your Name – Medical Writer/Senior Medical Writer’.
WRG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender assignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.