MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON - NEW LAUNCH - SPECIALIST COMPANY - SOUTH UK
Our client is a specialist and growing UK-based pharmaceutical Company and markets a specialist drug for the treatment of susceptible pseudomonal lung infections in patients with cystic fibrosis. As part of its' continued expansion it is launching in Neurology on 2016.
- To be the primary interface between the company and the scientific and medical community
- To act as conduits of information about new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches, cultivating and maintaining relationships with academic researchers and leaders, attending conferences and talks, presenting information to pharmaceutical product teams and responding to queries raised by healthcare professionals
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE;
- Foster relationships with pharmaceutical industry , regulatory , government and professional organizations to support scientific and regulatory objectives
- Develop and maintain all Medical Affairs SOPs necessary to ensure appropriate compliance with applicable government regulations and guidelines
- Oversee the development and technical review of training materials and programs
- Function as an expert liaison with leading academic specialists and KOLs in the respective area
- Liaison with relevant patient organizations
- Support Corporate Clinical Operations or delegated CROs for recruitment and site management of Phase IIIb-IV Medical Affairs clinical studies
- Support Medical Department in the organization of Scientific Advisory boards
- Continuous medical review of scientific publications and assessment of their relevance for local strategy
- Education: Advanced degree, such as a Doctor of Pharmacy degree, Medical Doctor degree or Ph.D. in a research science
- Experience: previous experience in pharmaceutical environment, previous experience in specialties area/ CNS
- Strong (Inter)personal abilities: Eloquent speaker & writer; possess excellent interpersonal, leadership & communication skills, team player, excellent analytical skills, judgment and problem solving skills, oral communication and public speaking skills
This role will primarily cover the South of the UK and will require you to be in the West Sussex Head Office approximately 1-2 days per week.
It will pay a Highly Competiitve Basic and Benefits package.
Please apply online or call Graham Hawthorn on 0131 553 6644 for more information.