PUBLICATIONS PROJECT MANAGER
My client are a specialist Healthcare Consulting firm supporting clients in medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access. They have offices in London, Europe, America & Canada and offer flexible working with core hours being 10am-4pm
My client hire smart people, and ensure senior team members are embedded into all accounts. They have a deep understanding of healthcare so they can provide straight-talking advice and form true partnerships with their clients.
Currently they are seeking a Publications Project Manager to join their well-established team.
A Publications Project Manager involves working closely with the editors, medical writers and account handlers, across the teams. He/she is expected to have a broad understanding of the principles and practices of medical communications, with an in-depth focus on publications and congresses.
* Work with medical writers and account handlers to set up projects in Datavision and keep them up-to-date on a daily basis
* Develop and manage timelines for publication-related projects, following up with medical writers for updates and alerting them to upcoming deadlines
* Obtain references, conduct referencing and reference preparation tasks
* Obtain congress/journal submission guidelines, compile submission checklists, conduct dummy and actual submissions, and track submissions
* Liaison with relevant third parties (e.g. printers, journals, congresses, translation agencies)
* Format manuscripts in line with journal guidelines and check journal proofs
* Assist in the development of publications plans
* Compile and manage a database of key target journals
* Compile and manage a congress database, and alert client teams to submission deadlines
* General administrative duties, including maintaining publications project trackers, filing, document preparation etc.
* College or university degree in a relevant area (e.g. pharmacy, science)
* 2-3 years' experience in an appropriate position involving publications
* Proficiency in administrative and other functions related to the role, including competency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and publications platforms (e.g. Datavision) and reference management software (e.g. EndNote, Reference Manager)
* Ability to represent the company in a professional and positive way when liaising with clients, physicians, journals and congresses etc.
Please send your CV to Nazreen or call 07885 804 168 for further details.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.