The key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Achieve designated territory targets
* Ensure hospital plans are aligned to the account strategy within Decision Making Units
* Create, develop and mobilise clinical champions within secondary care and clinical networks
* Secure hospital and regional formularies and referrals for the company brands in line with brand positioning and strategy
* Identify, develop and maintain key customer relationships
* Maintain a high level of understanding of clinical data, guidelines and clinical practice within relevant therapeutic areas, local NHS economy and environment including decision making bodies, processes and influence networks
The ideal candidate will be / have:
* Experience of successful primary and secondary care pharmaceutical sales.
* Previous hospital working experience and evidence of formulary and Market Access success.
* Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and communicate effectively the findings of clinical trial data and relevant clinical guidelines.
* Strong knowledge of the NHS structure and environment.
* Business and commercial acumen.
* Demonstrable evidence of continued personal development.
* Knowledge of Key Account Management working principles.
* Strong numerical and data analysis skills and capability.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office software products and ability to adapt quickly and embrace evolving technologies such as CRM, digital media and Social Media.
* ABPI qualified.
* Full driving license and flexibility to travel when necessary.
* Experience of working in the cardiovascular market and have established customer networks.
* Previous experience of working within a matrix sales organisation.
* Degree level education, preferably life sciences.
The Hospital Specialist will receive a highly competitive basic salary and bonus scheme as well as an industry leading benefits package and numerous career progression opportunities.
Apply now via this website or call Matthew Pulley on 01628 581 240
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.