Key Account Manager, Rheumatology - Yorkshire and the Humber
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with an exceptional name in a number of general and specialist medicine therapy areas. This organisation has an exceptional product pipeline and a number of high profile product launches forecast for the next few years. Their passion for innovation continues to help improve the lives of patients across the world.
Our client's currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager to join their leading Rheumatology sales team. This role is part of a brand new team build and will be a crucial appointment for the future growth and development of that division, as well as for the company as a whole. Our client is looking for someone with a strong background in Specialist Care and first-hand experience of the complexities of promoting high cost products into the NHS. A background in Specialist Care and in particular Rheumatology/Immunology is highly advantageous for this role.
The Key Account Manager's key responsibilities include:
* Forecasting account level contributions for the lead brand and portfolio in designated accounts
* Collaborating with your FSM and KAMs to generate robust sales forecasts (and revisions) with clear account and territory level target contributions and contingency plans
* Contributing to market understanding by having robust, purposeful intelligence on account potential, service capability, customer mind-set and competitor engagement to contribute to optimal account/ customer engagement to advance the business
* Achieving your individual sales territory target and personal objectives as agreed with your FSM
* Developing and maintaining a high level of knowledge in terms of medical background, products and competitors
* Ensure the sales plan is successfully implemented and control agreed actions
* Regularly carry out structured reviews of your own performance and complete a detailed annual appraisal in-line with company/HR guidance
* Ensuring procedures are maintained and facilitate best practice, audit and quality control
The ideal candidate should have/be:
* Strong background in key account management within the NHS
* Experience of promoting high cost pharmaceuticals
* Current knowledge of NHS strategy, structure and funding/patient pathways
* Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field
* Proven track record of success in selling and exceptional presentation skills
* In-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge
Submit your CV for this Key Account Manager opportunity via this website or contact Hazel Watson on 0161 914 7660!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.