Key Account Manager - Biosimilars
East Midlands & East Anglia
Star is recruiting for a Key Account Manager to lead this blue chip pharma organisation's Biosimilar portfolio. This a UK-based company with a real customer-first approach and a well-established partnership with the NHS as a result.
As a Key Account Manager you'll be responsible for developing the company's Biosimilar portfolio market; our client is looking for someone with a strong Specialist Care background who understands the complexities of promoting high cost products into the NHS. A strong sales background within Biosimilars, Biologics, Oncology, Haematology, Rheumatology or similar is essential for this role.
The Key Account Manager's key responsibilities include:
* Leading and developing relationships within key accounts across the territory to obtain maximum commercial benefit for the company's biosimilar portfolio
* Developing and maintaining key account plans within the regional business plan
* Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the local customer environment and ensuring that the company's strategies are aligned accordingly
* Ensuring sales targets are met
* Attending sales meetings to share best practice, discuss regional business plans and understand the overall strategic and tactical requirements for the Biosimilar portfolio
* Remaining aware of commercial trends and developments within the pharmaceutical industry
* Feeding back any competitive or market intelligence to the brand team
* Maintaining a regular supply of relevant medical, scientific and general information about the company's products to support key customer groups
* Negotiating and implementing commercial terms for regional customer accounts
* Working closely with the Biosimilar brand team to identify initiatives that support the delivery of the brand plans
The ideal candidate should have/be:
* Strong background in key account management within the NHS
* Experience of promoting high cost pharmaceuticals
* Current knowledge of NHS strategy, structure and funding/patient pathways
* Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related subject
* Proven track record of success in selling and exceptional presentation skills
* In-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge
Submit your CV for this Key Account Manager position via the website or contact Hazel Watson on 0161 914 7660!
Please note the closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th September
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.