HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS - BASED CAMBRIDGE
Our client is an exceptional company to work for. Their culture and values underpin everything they do and individuals are encouraged and supported to develop in their careers.
This client are particularly well known within the Pain and Respiratory fields.
BROAD PURPOSE OF JOB:
To lead and manage all internal and external communications and support business objectives and results with innovative strategies and tactics for company communications, with a strong focus on corporate, business development, pre-launch brand activity and to provide issues and crisis management as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and execute a communications strategin order to support business objectives
* Partners with all functions within thbusiness to ensure audiences hear a coherent corporate voice. Supports and advises functions to implement communications standards and processes ensuring their messages are aligned with overall strategy, business objectives
* Develop a cohesive and compelling narrative that distinguishes them and provides a platform for discussing the business strategy and business development expertise and experience
* Establish and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders
* Drive away from a solely tactical approach to communications, to one that is strategic
* Serve as the primary communications business partner for all internal functions and franchises, working to enhance external reputation
* Lead and deliver news flow for business development, partnership announcements and corporate communications
* Manage and develop a small internal communications team
* Develop and manage annual communications department budget
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
* Exceptional communications skills both written and oral with the ability to target communications to specific audiences and topics.
* Candidates must bring a strong understanding of the pharma/biotech sectors with strong external networks
* Experience of operating at a senior level with responsibility for corporate communications, issues management and media relations in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
* Experience of internal and external communications, corporate reputation including media relations & stakeholder management
* A developed understanding of how to use digital and social media channels alongside traditional channels and relevant reputation evaluation systems.
* Display high emotional intelligence with the ability to adapt accordingly when experiencing different cultures/personalities/backgrounds as well as constantly looking to innovate and improve the way in which they communicate.
* Entrepreneurial - able to create and shape the role and team
The role will pay a very competitive Basic and extremely generous Flexible Benefits.
Please apply online or call Graham Hawthorn on 0131 553 6644