STEM seeks a global Head of Marketing (maternity leave cover for 12 months) to drive the business’ marketing and communications from its headquarters in Chiswick, London.
The Head of Marketing, reporting to CEO, is responsible for the oversight and day to day delivery of STEM’s marketing and communications. The role requires the driving and implementation of the marketing strategy for STEM across key markets in liaison with key stakeholders across the business.
The role is hands-on in establishing effective offline and online channels then delivering engaging content across them to support business development.
Reports to: CEO, STEM
Strategic understanding and support
- Work closely with CEO and other stakeholders to understand the STEM’s business needs, priorities and proposition to the market
- Create a global marketing strategy that effectively communicates STEM’s proposition to attract and retain customers
- Identify the need for and implement global processes that facilitate strategic planning and measurement of marketing effectiveness across STEM
- Manage the global marketing budget
- Work with colleagues across STEM to develop and build awareness of the business’ key messages and to optimise the consistency in and quality of communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Work as part of the BD Excellence steering group to identify and meet needs of business development community within STEM
- Prioritise marketing initiatives in line with business needs and resource available
- Build and roll out templates and guidance that facilitate effective planning and consistent communications across STEM
- Create and manage STEM’s external communications, including company website, social media, advertising and exhibitions across key markets
- Network with subject matter experts across STEM to deliver a PR and content marketing plan that demonstrates thought leadership in benchmarking and accelerating performance
- Support the business development community by providing shared platforms and templates that facilitate effective storytelling, sharing of information and best practice
- Report on the success of and learnings from marketing initiatives to stakeholders across the STEM business
- Our chosen candidate will be responsible for STEM’s global marketing and communications
- At least 7 years’ B2B marketing experience is required unless preceded by other experience in pharma sector. A marketing qualification and experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and managing others is a distinct advantage
- Suitable candidates will be driven to see STEM win new business in key markets
- Applicants will need to have experience in building and delivering multichannel communication programs that are effective in engaging stakeholders. -
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of producing content for channels across the B2B marketing mix, are essential
- Candidates should have effective project management skills, be a self-starter, an able communicator and able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Additional language capabilities an advantage but not essential
The jobholder can be located in the UK or USA. Close proximity and/or willingness to travel to our Global Headquarters in Chiswick, London or US Headquarters in York, PA, are a requirement.