PRICING STRATEGY MANAGER - GREAT ROLE - BASED BERKSHIRE
Our Client is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader.
They develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases.
The Pricing Strategy Manager proactively and continuously raises the bar on capabilities (messages, tools & processes) to support and lead the influencing of the DH/NHS contracting & pricing environment, with novel and differentiating pricing approaches to optimise product positioning on contracts, pricing agreements and tenders and to ensure optimal patient access to their medicines.
Contracts & Pricing Raise the Bar for capabilities:
* Build capabilities across the organisation to ensure Government Affairs, Brand Teams and Market Access are aligned in our pricing strategy to optimise the brand opportunities within tenders in an environment of cost containment
* Project Management and implementation of Pricing Excellence initiative to ensure Company is fit for the future with aligned pricing strategies, reviewing current tools, processes and capabilities and assessing for improvement
* Provide high level price modelling and scenario building tools that incorporate flexible pricing options, budget impact modelling, capping and discount schemes as well as PAS pricing options
External Focus/ Messaging:
* Support the Contracts & Pricing team, and the wider Market Access department in navigating the NHS Procurement & Pricing environment
* Build above the brand messages with GA & abridged brand value propositions to influence NHS & DH, focusing on patient outcomes, value for money, and a fostering of the uptake of innovation, whilst ensuring clinician and patient choice.
* Lead as the primary contat for pricing and patient access scheme initiatives with the ABPI, DH,NICE and other key industry bodies
* Primary liaison for Pricing Research on competitor pricing tactics, market impact of pricing decisions, market place preparations for product introductions and exits
Qualifications & Background
* Degree level or degree calibre
* Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry
* Excellent Project Management skills with attention to detail
* Good understanding of tendering and contracting processes within the NHS
* An excellent understanding of PPRS requirements and patient access schemes
* Excellent numeracy and organisational skills and high proficiency in Excel
* Basic HEOR knowledge is desirable.
* Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
* Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority.
* Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
* Raises the bar and never satisfied with the status quo
In return an excellent Basic Salary and Benefits package will be offered.
Please apply online or call Huw Nicholas on 0131 553 6644