We are currently recruiting an Associate / Trainee Territory Sales Manager for a market leading, multinational Medical Device and Equipment company who employ roughly 10,000 employees worldwide and turnover more than £1.5bn a year.
Dealing with incontinence costs the NHS over £80m a year and this is a growing market due to the ageing population. The company are market leaders in this product area with over 50% market share and are consistently introducing new, innovative products to the market.
The company have an excellent company culture and provide industry leading training and development to their employees ensuring success. They have an excellent reputation within the market for progressing and developing their employee's careers.
* Selling the company's portfolio of continence care products into the hospital setting across the West Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire territory
* Selling to customers groups such as Urology Nurse Specialists and Urology Consultants
* Meeting or exceeding sales and contact targets by engaging all targeted accounts as well as developing and executing a clear and logical plan to achieve overall territory sales objectives
* Uncovering customer needs and creating compelling reasons for customer to purchase, regardless of contractual constraints
* Planning and documenting daily call routines to ensure appropriate coverage of key accounts given sales time allocation, sales potential, geographical location, development of sales process, and utilize the CRM tool for the management of information, including expense management
* Utilising all available tools to maximize sales growth
* Developing and maintain long-term relationships of all key stakeholders that lead to increasing use of products within target accounts.
* Demonstrate clear understanding of clinical and technical product knowledge
* Providing feedback and requests to Marketing or to the organization to adapt tools/strategies to the market demand
* Develop and maintain productive cross-functional relationships to share knowledge and leverage synergies within the organization
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
* Ideally some previous, field sales experience although not essential if candidates can prove they understand what the role involves and have taken relevant steps to gain knowledge of this (e.g. shadowing a medical sales representative)
* Ideally some previous experience of managing key accounts and dealing with multiple stakeholders
* Ability to show high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy as you will be dealing with healthcare professionals and patients within a chronic disease area
* Ability to demonstrate success in previous employment and / or education
* Candidates must be personable and confident when presenting
* Candidates must be driven, ambitious and determined to succeed
* Candidates must have a Full UK Driving Licence
If this opportunity looks of interest and you feel you have the relevant experience and attitude please apply now via this website or call Matthew Pulley on 01628 581 240
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.