Head of Hospital Sales (Generics) - £55,000 - £70,000 + Bonus, Car, Benefits - National Coverage
Our client is a leading healthcare business in Britain and Ireland with a vision to be one of the key players in the supply of products and services to the healthcare sector in Europe. They currently sell, market and distribute innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and the UK through the hospital, pharmacy and homecare channels, working within a range of therapy areas including Oncology, Antibiotics, Pain Management, Haematology, Respiratory, Addiction and Emergency Medicine.
The Head of Hospital Sales's key responsibilities will include:
* Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the sales team, developing them into high-performers and coaching them to take on higher responsibilities
* Consistently meet or exceed revenue and profit targets as per national business plans
* Manage the company's existing Hospital Tender business and identify new tender opportunities
* Develop and enhance relationships with Commercial Medicines Unit, NHS Hospital Pharmacy and Private Hospital procurement groups
* One-to-one management through regular field visits with the sales team: (envisaged 3-4 days per week)
* Develop and implement effective account plans to ensure delivery of qualitative and quantitative targets
* Build strong and lasting relationships with relevant customers and key influencers
The ideal candidate will be / have:
* A successful record of motivating a sales team within the hospital environment
* Experience of completing and managing UK hospital tenders for Medicinal product, and an understanding of the requirements and regulations governing such tenders
* A proven ability to integrate individuals into teams, develop their knowledge and improve selling skills
* Good interpersonal skills, open communication style able to collaborate across business functions
* Understanding of the distributor business model and an ability to build high-quality, stable and productive partnerships with suppliers
* An understanding of the UK Clinical Commissioning Groups, and in particular the role of 'Medicines Optimisation' within these groups
* ABPI-qualified with a university degree in life sciences or business desirable
The Head of Hospital Sales will receive a highly competitive basic salary and bonus scheme as well as an industry-leading benefits package and numerous career progression opportunities.
Apply now via this website, or call Jon Newman on 01225 336 335.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.