Nurse Manager - Ireland - Competitive
Star is recruiting for a Nurse Manager who will have responsibility of to provide education, on-boarding, continued support on the patient support program to HCP's. Other responsibilities include providing patient support material to units, providing patient support material to units, ensure all activities are in line with the IPHA code and any data protection regulations. The Nurse Manager will also be the point of contact for specific HCP queries on Patients status.
* Be an ambassador for both Point of Care and our client's PSP and operate and communicate in a professional & personable manner at all times.
* Schedule appointments with Immunology HCP's who wish to or enrol patients on the patient support program.
* Demonstrate the services available to the units and assist them in selecting those best suited to their patient needs
* Assist the specialist units with enquiries.
* Follow up with HCPs on patient specific queries and patient case reviews.
* To identify and deliver any proposed service enhancements as agreed from time to time with the client, the programme sponsor, e.g. development of a Patient and HCP engagement platforms.
* To be responsible for the Training schedule of all Units (new and ongoing) and work with the client on any training enhancements.
* Develop relationships with key specialist units
* Participation and attendance at relevant conferences and meetings
* Share feedback and discuss service enhancements with the client and Point of Care Management.
* Carry out duties in line with all regulatory, nursing and industry standards e.g. IPHA code of Practise.
Applicants should have/be:
* Minimum of 3 years post registration experience in an acute hospital setting
* Qualified RGN and registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
* Experience in Immunology area is desirable (Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Dermatology)
* Work to the highest clinical standards by ensuring patient safety in adhering to all relevant Standard Operating Procedures
* Must have excellent organisational skills and be an effective time manager
* Must be customer service oriented
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Full clean driver's licence required
* Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of databases
* Experience with Patient Support Programmes
* Experience in patient case management
* Must have the ability to educate, communicate and present while building a rapport with a range of key stakeholders
Apply now via this website or call Orna Whyte on 01 468 82 80, or 087 911 7342.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.