Key Account Manager - Neurology
East Midlands & East Anglia
Star is recruiting for a Key Account Manager to join a global biopharmaceutical company on their leading Neurology division, promoting their Parkinson's product across the East Midlands. The company is a market leader and key player within the pharmaceutical industry, focusing on the advancement of innovative medicines for complex diseases. Their passion for innovation continues to help improve the lives of patients across the world.
You will be the first point of contact for key stakeholders while maximising sales opportunities for the product across the territory. This is an entirely Secondary Care focussed role and our client is looking for someone with a strong background in Specialist Care and an awareness of the complexities of promoting high-cost products into the NHS. Neurology experience is preferred but not essential, however a background in Specialist Care and experience of centralised commissioning are essential for this role.
* Differentiating the company's value proposition with health providers
* Achieving and exceeding expected sales performance for the product on the territory
* Ensuring local implementation of guidelines and pull-through of secured funding for promoted brands
* Identifying and building relationships with relevant stakeholders in the NHS to positively influence prescribing decisions for company products
* Identifying, developing and maintaining therapy experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximise brand performance
* Effective resource allocation by utilising and engaging with internal stakeholders to enhance company's value proposition
* Identifying and developing KOLs towards brand advocacy in alignment with account plan goals
* Developing and maintaining a high level of product and disease area knowledge to enable peer-to-peer level discussions with customers
* Ensuring high levels of customer service for all promoted brands
The ideal candidate should have/be:
* Strong background in Key Account Management and Market Access within the NHS
* Neurology experience (preferred not essential)
* Experience of promoting high-cost pharmaceuticals
* Experience of centralised commissioning
* Current knowledge of NHS strategy, structure and funding/patient pathways
* Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field
* Proven track record of success in selling and exceptional presentation skills
* In-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge
Submit your CV for this position via the website, or contact Hazel Watson on 0161 914 7660.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.