National Sales Manager - Ophthalmology
Star's partnering with Europe's leading independent ophthalmic company to recruit a National Sales Manager for their Eye Health Team. The company has a vast ophthalmic pharmaceutical portfolio (both prescription and non-prescription) and offers high-quality ophthalmic products to Ophthalmologists, Nursing staff, Pharmacists and Optometrists.
Managing a high-performing team of 12 based all over the UK, this is a first-line management role and it has a strong focus on coaching and mentoring. Our client is looking for someone who has a passion for developing people, a good understanding of the industry, and a strong background in coaching/training through field visits that they can bring to the role to lead the success of the sales team.
The National Sales Manager's key responsibilities include:
* Driving the success of the team in the Ophthalmology therapy area by promoting products into retail pharmacy and retail optometrists
* 1st line management, leading a team of 12 Account Managers and working closely with other functions in order to increase opportunities
* Coaching and motivating regional teams to deliver agreed business objectives and develop a high-performance culture
* Developing business plans for all Eye Health products alongside the Business Unit Manager and other members of the management team
* Ensure that all representatives have key sales skills and medical knowledge to sell all products
Applicants should have/be:
* Strong Ophthalmology background and an understanding of the industry
* Proven 1st line management experience
* Well-developed leadership and coaching/training skills
* The ability to work independently and take accountability for the results of your team
* Exceptional organisational and communicational skills
* ABPI qualified (desirable but not essential)
* Full UK driver's license
Apply for this National Sales Manager opportunity via this website, or contact Lauren Iredale on 0161 914 8478
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.