Our client, a leader in providing medical equipment managed services, multi-vendor maintenance and medical equipment sales to the Acute healthcare sector, are currently looking to recruit a Medical Engineer in Peterborough.
* To provide prompt, high-quality and professional engineering support to a broad range of medical equipment, including acceptance testing, repairs and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
* To ensure equipment is maintained correctly, ensuring patient safety
* To ensure equipment is repaired correctly, on time, first time
* Carry out acceptance testing of new equipment and loan equipment
* Safety test equipment
* Condemn and de-commission equipment
* Ensure contractual Key Performance Indicators are met
* Develop service checklists and work instructions
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the field of medical device technology
* Attend appropriate user, technical and other training courses, meetings and/or conferences
* Provide guidance and supervision to the technical work of other engineers as appropriate
* Participate in the training of clinical staff as necessary and demonstrate the correct, safe and accurate use of medical equipment
* Delivery and collection of medical equipment to clinical areas
* Equipment decontamination in accordance with Trust Infection Control Policy
* Assist in monitoring the quality of the service provided
* Experienced in the repair, calibration and use of general medical equipment
* Experience in healthcare environment
* Good working knowledge of appropriate national regulatory standards
* Excellent technical skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Qualified to HNC/D Electronics or equivalent
* Membership of VRCT
There is an excellent basic salary on offer for this position as well as bonus and full benefits package.
Apply now via this website, or call Matthew Pulley on 01628 581 240.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.