Role - Key Account Manager
Location - Yorkshire & North East
Therapy Area - Transplantation & Anti-Infectives
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a simple vision - to produce exceptional medicines that change tomorrow for patients in need. They strive to develop therapies that are first-in-class and best-in-class. Treatments that offer patients and their doctors genuinely new options for improving care.
* To drive product usage in order to achieve and exceed sales, market share and profitability targets across the territory
* Development of business within the territory, achieving and exceeding sales, market share and profit targets
* Develop and implement robust and effective account plans and ensure delivery to agreed timescales against key performance indicators, including performance management of multiple projects in line with identified objectives
* Work with internal peers and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of account plans, overcome any obstacles, and ultimately exceed targets
* Build strong and lasting relationships with relevant customers, and support them appropriately for the good of the patient, the customer and the company
* Identify and define support needs where there are points of commonality or synergy across the other business franchises
* Maintain high levels of disease area and product, NHS and customer knowledge at all times and participate in training programmes, as appropriate
* Efficiently and effectively manage local budgets according to local business plans, customer needs and changing business needs, dependant on the changing NHS or internal demands
* Ensure that all administration tasks are completed and targets are met
Ideal candidate should have/be -
* ABPI qualified
* NHS and pharmaceutical knowledge
* Strong background in key account management
* Track record of sales success in pharmaceuticals
* Knowledge of therapy area would be an advantage
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
* Experience in selling within a specialist therapeutic area in Secondary Care would be an advantage
To apply or for further information on this role please call Hazel on 0161 914 7660.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.