HEAD OF BD & LICENSING - PHARMA - CROSS PORTFOLIO
Our client is an exceptional company to work for. Their culture and values underpin everything they do and individuals are encouraged and supported to develop in their careers.
Although they are particularly well known within the Pain and Respiratory fields, this opportunity will also encompass Biosimilars, Branded Generics and Established Brands.
BROAD PURPOSE OF JOB:
Develop effective relationships with third party pharmaceutical developers and manufacturers to provide enduring partnerships which position the Company as a partner of choice to commercialise new late-stage assets in the pharmaceutical sector.
Through the leadership of the UK Business Development Team, and by working collaboratively with the European Business Development community, develop and execute the Strategic Business Development plan for the selling organisations in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands and be responsible for the end-to-end process of search, evaluation and business case approval for appropriate late-stage assets.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Robust evidence of strategic planning and implementation
* A demonstrable track record of completed Licensing and Business Development deals - ideally in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands markets
* An expert-level working knowledge of commercial stage contracting and the broad spectrum of business development activities involved
* A firm understanding of the development pathway and lifecycle of pharmaceutical products - particularly in the UK and Europe
* A thorough understanding of the clinical development and regulatory process for licensed medicines in the UK and Europe
* Able to quickly assimilate the clinical and commercial needs across a variety of therapy areas and target customers within relevant markets
* Significant experience and a successful track record direct and cross-functional team leadership
* Previous experience of working on or interacting with European or Global marketing and product development teams
This position comes with a highly competitive basic salary and market leading flexible benefits.
HO based Cambridge - c. 50% there, c. 50% field/home.
Please apply online or contact Graham Hawthorn on 0131 553 6644 to find out more.