ACCOUNT MANAGER - RARE DISEASES - NATIONAL ROLE
Our client is a privately-owned Company which allows them the freedom to decide which research they invest in. They have a strong code of ethics and conduct and have a commitment to ethical and social responsibility. They have medicines within Cardiovascular, Neonatal, Transplantation, Respiratory, Ophthalmology and have an exciting speciality pipeline.
They now have an new role in their highly specialist Ophthalmology team, working with the first stem-cell-based product to be approved in Europe.
This role is to ensure market acceptance for your products at a local level by working with surgeons to identify and map patient flow and treatment pathways to achieve referral to national specialist tertiary treatment centres.
Other responsibilities will include:
*Influencing target customers and to establish and maintain long-term commercial partnerships
*Fully implementing strategic marketing initiatives
*Identifying commercial opportunities for the organisation through effective business planning and the development of financially sound business proposals
* Develping and implementing a sound business plan using key account principles and all available key account management tools
Ideally you will have:
* Experience in pharmaceutical hospital sales particularly focussed in speciality therapy areas and / or Rare Diseases.
* Recent sales experience in Ophthalmology (Anterior segment) would be desirable
* Self-motivated with a strong track record of delivering consistent sales results
* Evidence of successfully working with funding of high value products within the NHS environment.
* Established record of building and delivering key account plans aligned to both the organisation and customer needs.
* Strong negotiation and networking skills with the ability to foster strong customer relationships internally and externally
* Ability to communicate high-level technical knowledge accurately and with impact.
For further information about this role, please apply online or contact CHASE on 0131 553 6644.