MANAGED SERVICES MANAGER - MIDLANDS/ SOUTH EAST
Our client is one of the world's leading eye care companies dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Surgical Managed Service Manager within an exciting and thriving new Division.
The Surgical Managed Service Manager is primarily responsible for communication and coordination with internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure customers' needs are met effectively and efficiently through business development, execution and management of a legally and compliant Managed Service Proposal aligned to the Medical Device Portfolio.
The Role will also encompass strategic management of key health care provider institutions and stakeholders, change management, both internally and externally, continual service improvement and measuring customer satisfaction aligned to the execution of the Managed Service Proposition.
* Local business development lead of Legally and Compliance approved Managed Service proposals
* Local lead point of contact for external stakeholders (health care providers and any other appropriate contacts during business development and execution of Managed Service Proposition)
* Accountable for leading the tactical and technical execution of a Managed Service contract
* Accountable for leading the transformation and optimisation of a customer service based on pre-defined service output KPIs
* Local lead point of contact for internal stakeholders - Surgical BU, Technical Services, Legal, Compliance and any other appropriate contacts during business development and execution of Managed Service Proposition for specific accounts
* Build NHS managed service stakeholder network for territory
* Build territory business plan - for launch and engagement with key customers
* Maintain up to date understanding of customer environment ie. NHS policy changes and HMRC rulings
* Any other duties or projects as requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/or training
* Degree Qualification - Preferred
* Project management / NHS transformation experience
* Market Access / Patient Pathway/ Service Redesign experience
* Experience promoting a pharmaceutical / device to the NHS
A Competitive Basic, Bonus and Benefits package will be paid.
Please apply online or call CHASE on 0131 553 6644