Diabetes Account Manager - North East/Yorkshire
An exciting opportunity for a Diabetes Account Manager to join a leading healthcare provider that is about to expand into Diabetes. The product will be sold and supported by a UK sales team to ensure the organisation delivers a best in class service to type 1 diabetes patients. In order to build a successful sales team, they are looking for innovative individuals who can commit to delivering a first class service to patients and healthcare professionals whilst also meeting the commercial sales needs of the organisation. This is a great chance to join a talented new team of people who want to make a difference in patients' lives and be part of a successful, growing organisation from day one.
Key responsibilities of the Diabetes Account Manager include:
* To gain a good understanding of the industry and the main players on the market, be attentive to customers, respect commitments towards them and utilise the proper systems and tools to monitor market trends and customer relationships.
* Precisely answer customer requests and initiate new ideas in order to meet customer expectations.
* Drive and implement change in a positive and proactive manner, understanding and managing any resistance and promoting the benefits of change in order to get buy-in at all levels.
* Speak with confidence and guide discussion towards desired conclusions, use persuasion and persistence to overcome objectives, understand customer needs and make recommendations and decisions based on a complete analysis of facts.
* Identify and analyse areas of the function that require an increase in efficiency and develop continuous improvement plans.
* Remain calm and efficient in conflict or crisis situations, resolve problems efficiently without causing anxiety to others and react positively to major changes.
The ideal candidate for the Diabetes Account Manager will have/be:
* Experience of working with a complex device or technology in a sales capacity, ideally in diabetes or another long term condition.
* The ability to sell at all levels from patient, secondary care and also procurement and CCG/payer level.
* Demonstrable sales success showing growth and diversity.
* A solid understanding of the required geography and ideally diabetes clinics within that area.
* Knowledge of the NHS, its structure and the mechanisms for patient funding, as well as an understanding and knowledge of the condition and patients' perspectives of living with type 1 diabetes.
* The ability to prioritise time to selling, training and business development whilst maintaining the high service levels.
Apply for this role now via this website, or contact Lauren Iredale at the Star Medical Manchester Office
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.