Market Access Director - National Field Based Role
Our client is a leading biopharmaceutical company whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. With a focus on core business areas of oncology, nephrology, and immunology/allergy, they discover and develop innovative new drugs aiming to become a global specialty pharmaceutical company which contributes to the health and well-being of people around the world.
The Market Access Director is a strategic role that engages early and builds relationships with key stakeholders (such as governments, horizon scanning agencies, regulatory authorities, national pricing and reimbursement committees and technology assessment groups) in the healthcare system and with insurance providers to increase awareness of their brands so that they are adequately prepared for reimbursement at optimal pricing post marketing authorisation.
This role will also be responsible for engaging and building relationships with national patient organisations and charity groups to effectively map out the patient journey and needs so that they can be supported by the client.
You will be responsible for engaging at the highest level in government to help influence access of their products for patients. Integral will be the development and support of an integrated Market Access approach including Health Economics solutions to assist market access initiatives, national and local, working with a wide range of key internal and external customers.
Your suitability for the role will be defined by:
* Strong strategic commercial insight through developing national market access strategies in the pharmaceutical industry
* Health Economics background
* Successfully navigated through multiple Health Technology Appraisals (HTAs)
* Political lobbying experience
* Extensive and up to date knowledge of the local healthcare environment regulations, policies and procedures at national and sub-national level
* Possess expert national knowledge of reimbursement processes in healthcare via government and or insurance companies
* Clear track record of working with customers, patient organisations and stakeholders, to influence, define and implement market access strategies and plans
For more information please apply online or call CHASE on 0131 553 6644