Role - Healthcare Access Manager
Location - Northern England (North West & North East)
Therapy Area - Oncology
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a simple vision - to produce exceptional medicines that change tomorrow for patients in need. They strive to develop therapies that are first-in-class and best-in-class. Treatments that offer patients and their doctors genuinely new options for improving care.
They are now looking for an experienced Healthcare Access Manager to join their Oncology team across the Northern region. In this role you will be responsible for developing relationships with key policy decision makers in the NHS who influence funding decisions at national, regional and local levels. Within this specialist therapy area, this role requires someone with a background in Oncology and/or experience promoting high cost, low volume medicines.
* Working with key NHS commissioning stakeholders to achieve clinical approval, funding approval and positive guideline positioning for new products
* Ensuring access to treatments at launch and maximising sales and market share post launch
* Identifying key stakeholders on territory and ensuring a positive and receptive environment
* Working collaboratively with colleagues to agree group and customer objectives at national and regional levels
* Agreeing and executing action plans with colleagues to achieve business objectives
* Identification of and objectives set for key local and regional influencing payer groups and customers critical to the success of the brand
* Contributing to the development and execution of the local, regional and national KOL and advocacy plans, both clinical and payer level
* Identifying opportunities for business growth and development of partnership working with key customers aligned to corporate strategy
* Remaining aware of changes in the NHS both nationally and locally
* Ensuring that regional and national plans are developed and adapted accordingly
* Ensure all activities are compliant with company standards and the ABPI Code of Practice
Ideal candidate should have/be -
* Pharmaceutical industry or NHS management experience
* ABPI qualified
* Experience in Specialty Commissioning is highly preferable, experience in commissioning through CCGs would be an advantage
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a life science or business category
* Strong understanding and interest in the NHS and the regional bodies responsible for the approval and funding of pharmaceutical products
* Experience and success working with NHS stakeholders to develop local guidelines which secure optimal positioning for your products
* Understanding of non-clinical NHS regional bodies
* Experience and success in gaining clinical approval through formulary inclusions for your products, pre or at point of launch
* Experience and success in working with NHS stakeholders to complete and submit business
To apply or for further information on this role please call Kelly Beetham in the Manchester Office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.