The successful candidate will have strategic foresight as well as providing hands-on creation of database tables, data analysis and reporting from a centralized data solution across our companies that span the UK, Ireland & European business. The successful candidate will a key part of the team tasked with upgrading the groups data and insight platform to ensure that the groups companies have a secure, robust platform to help them commercialise opportunities through our data centric approach. Working with our clinical cube team and supported and governed by the Group IT team the role requires an innovative data driven individual.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides expertise in database analysis, administration and implementation, applied to healthcare-related data from disparate data sources and publicly available health data.
* Assists in the designing and developing database systems, together with their corresponding data models and high-level information architecture working cooperatively with data architects.
* Installs, operates and optimizes database implementations with consideration to performance, security, retention, recovery and availability.
* Identifies key data sources from systems to meet project requirements, ensures data quality control, and ensures accuracy of data input and outputs to support high-quality reporting, analytics and BI. Has outstanding attention to detail which is exemplified through documentation of all processes and procedures.
* Able to understand ETL processes for efficient data extraction from disparate databases.
* Manages and reviews data, including data extractions and updates, creates efficient queries and stored procedures, provides methods to scrub data in secure databases, designs and implements Data Dictionaries and Data Standards.
* Develops strategies and has a desire for data acquisition, privacy, retention/archiving, replication, warehousing and quality.
* Establishes and maintains database and data model standards.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
* A minimum of 4-6 years of Database design, build and/or administration experience.
* Has relevant technical certifications or equivalent proven industry experience.
* Knowledge of SQL Server databases including database internal design, administration and recovery techniques
* Ability to apply database encryption & security protocols, secure systems design and operation
* Experience of working with data warehouse and multi-dimensional database design and development using formal methodologies
* Exposure to system management tools e.g. Cache
* Experience and knowledge of associated scripting and programming tools such as SQL, Python or R
* Advanced and practical knowledge of various ETL tools.
* Awareness of EU data-protection requirements and corresponding implementation requirements
* Practical experience using visualisation software (Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, PowerBI) is desirable but not essential.
* Some prior exposure to healthcare / life sciences / clinical trials / pharma data would be an advantage but not a requirement. Experience working in a regulated industry sector is also preferred.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE
Star Medical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.