National Infusion Connectivity Technical Support Specialist - UK & Ireland
Star is delighted to be partnering with a leading, global manufacturer of speciality medical devices to recruit an Infusion Connectivity Technical Support Specialist for their UK & Ireland business. The company produces an extensive range of products for use in the hospital and in the home, supporting patients in all stages of their care from surgery and vital care through to managing chronic illness.
Reporting to National Sales Manager, this is an infusion support role that will include providing connectivity and networking technical assistance to the UK & Ireland.
The main responsibilities of the Infusion Connectivity Technical Support Specialist will include:
* Assisting field teams and customers with the installation of new products, primarily focused on networking support/SQL DB/HL7 interfacing
* Supporting with fault diagnosis in relation to DB/Network/IT issues
* Providing IT application support through training and validation
* Providing new product development support in association with R&D
* Sustaining engineering support for existing products
* Pre and post sales activities to include customer demonstrations and Tender support
* Providing assistance during the sales process and meeting with customers to discuss IT requirements prior to sale
* Educating internal and external customers on company IT products
* Representing the UK and Ireland division of the business within international connectivity team meetings
* Leading and managing small project groups
The ideal candidate for this Infusion Connectivity Technical Support Specialist role will have/ be:
* HNC in electronics or equivalent
* Suitable experience and proven ability in a similar role
* Evidence of Microsoft certifications (e.g. MCP. MCSE) preferred
* Evidence of Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner certifications preferred
* High level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server installation/configuration, Windows operating systems, and relevant database management systems
* Knowledge of connectivity solutions e.g. HL7, XML, encryption methods and Anti-Virus
* Proven experience of technical product servicing and repair in a field/workshop, preferably with experience of working within a hospital environment
* Hospital IT integration experience
* Valid and current driving licence
* Ability to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, with occasional EMEA support
Apply for this Infusion Connectivity Technical Support Specialist opportunity now via this website, or call Jon in the Bath office.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.