Medical Science Liaison - Biosimilars - Midlands
Star is recruiting for an exciting new role for a Medical Science Liaison! Our client is a Global healthcare company and they are currently building new biosimiar division. They have an exceptional pipeline with a number of launches planned for the next few years and are looking to build a new MSL team build of 3 to work across the UK.
Responsibilities of a Medical Science Liaison:
* Providing legitimate scientific exchange to HCPs by responding professionally and timely to documented requests from the field and external stakeholders for clinical information and data in relation to disease specific questions or off-licence queries through telephone, email and face to face contact
* Delivering credible and unbiased clinical presentations by providing information and technical support to HCPs
* Developing and maintaining technical expertise by tracking and managing evolving evidence base in areas critical for the organisation
* Providing scientific support and Input to training and the divisional teams by giving technical advice and delivering training on disease area, therapy and clinical trials as requested by training department
* Providing Medical partnership to HCPs by supporting speakers at our client's initiated scientific meetings through preparing speaker briefings, Zinc Approval, iDisclose administration and acting as point of contact
* Maintaining compliance by abiding by the requirements of the current applicable Pharmaceutical Industry Code of Practice in their territory (ABPI and/or IPHA) including but not restricted to maintaining high professional standards of conduct, in line with Company policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be/have:
* Scientific degree or equivalent, PhD level or HCP is preferable
* Competent to critically appraise studies and clinical evidence to allow engagement on higher scientific level with customers
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and of regulatory processes (ABPI and IPHA Codes of Practice, MHRA, HPRA where relevant, and legislative frameworks within which the industry operates at a local and regional level)
* Working knowledge of the local healthcare system, including the ability to understand clinical priorities
* Awareness of clinical studies set up and maintenance-preferable
Apply for this opportunity now via the website or contact Emma Thomas at the Manchester Office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.