Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer - Reading - Pharmaceuticals
A fantastic opportunity to join an innovative pharmaceutical company which specialises in neurology, selling products for serious and chronic conditions. This is an exciting position working with a therapy which aims to improve the lives of people suffering with Parkinson's Disease. The role will entail assisting managing the pharmacovigilance team, providing training in matters of drug safety and medical information.
The responsibilities of the senior Pharmacovigilance Officer:
* Achieving all internal case processing targets and recording and reporting all adverse drug reactions relating to company products as per UK/EU requirements
* Generating reports in line with UK/EU requirements and assisting in the submission of all reports
* Assisting in the generation of safety line listing reports, summary tabulations, and/or metric reports for company management and partner companies
* Maintaining professional expertise and knowledge of local and international regulations relative to pharmacovigilance and quality
* Maintaining and monitoring existing pharmacovigilance systems in line with UK/EU requirements
* Continuously maintaining and enhancing the company knowledge base concerning the regulations, directives and guidelines that influence pharmacovigilance requirements
The ideal candidate will be/have:
* Life science degree or equivalent
* Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
* Demonstrable experience in EU pharmacovigilance within research and development or established products environment
* Experience working directly with EU agencies with a good understanding of applicable EU Regulations, Directives and Guidance
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent knowledge of Good Pharmacovigilance Practices (GVP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) is ideal
Apply for this opportunity now via the website or contact Danny Walsh at the Manchester Office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.