Senior Market Access Manager - Diabetes - Based Cambridge
Our client is a privately owned UK company with a strong track record in bringing high quality, innovative medicines to UK health professionals and their patients. They believe in excellence and delivering on their promises to the NHS, patients, their business partners and each other. They strive to offer new medicines and initiatives that meet genuine needs, make a positive difference to patients' lives and supporting the NHS in delivering effective, high-quality, sustainable healthcare.
Their culture and values underpin everything they do and individuals are encouraged and supported to develop in their careers.
They are particularly well known within the Diabetes and Respiratory fields.
BROAD PURPOSE OF JOB:
1. By working with the aligned business unit head and other directorates, develop strategy and tactics for the current and future portfolio in order to anticipate market access opportunities and remove barriers.
2. Support and develop market access strategy and tactics through close working with the cross functional business unit, relevant business unit head and Director of Market Access & External Affairs, providing wide ranging counsel and support relating to the NHS policy environment.
3. Ensure barriers to product uptake and early adoption are identified and removed prior and during launch.
4. To develop and roll-out the tools, materials and projects to drive access and the business by fulfilling the needs of the changing NHS.
5. Project manage and/or participate in programmes in which data submissions are compiled for key HTA and medicines management bodies within the UK (e.g. NICE, SMC, AWMSG), and support colleagues with their similar undertakings as required.
6. To develop and maintain effective networks with a broad range of stakeholders within the UK NHS trading environment, focusing on but not exclusively the NHS, DH and civil service, patient organisations and other NGOs working within these groups.
* Demonstrable experience working in the field of Market Access within the UK pharmaceutical and biotechnology market from a Head Office based function
* A life science professional, with good understanding of clinical and medical issues
* Experience of working in a cross-functional team
* Working knowledge of the ABPI code and other UK compliance priorities
* Thorough understanding of the evolving NHS organisation across the entire UK, with specific reference to policies and medicine funding streams
* Proven pharmaceutical sales or equivalent experience in UK Pharmaceutical Industry, ideally from within the Diabetes area
This role will be a mixture of Field based and approximately 3 days per week in the Cambridge Head Office.
This a rare opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic organisation in a role offering exceptional career development opportunities.
There is an Excellent Basic Salary and Highly Competitive Benefits Package.
Please apply online or contact us on 0131 553 6644