Due to Maternity cover we have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to gain experience as a Clinical Sales Specialist within a really amazing company, and the market leader in Molecular Diagnostics and Tissue Diagnostics for 12 months. Our client plays a vital role in the diagnosis and ongoing treatment and monitoring of a wide range of diseases. Having recently launched the next generation of testing solutions, this is an opportune time to join an exceptional company.
Reporting to the Northern Regional Sales Manager your main objective is to devise and convey scientifically the superior clinical value of the specific assays in the field of virology, women's health and oncology, in close alignment with their clinical product management's strategy set by our Market Managers.
As the adoption of molecular testing technology increases, there is a need to help translate and explain how molecular diagnostics technologies can transform clinical care. To do this, you will work with laboratories, pathologists, medical directors, and laboratory based clinicians to help them understand how to optimally implement molecular laboratory test results within their clinics.
Working closely with Account Managers across the board, you will incorporate a commercial spirit to win new accounts, and grow existing accounts, via strategic and tactical sales activities. You will support the Territory Account Managers through timely input into territory business plans, attending customer visits, owning the content and delivery of impactful clinical value presentations. You will provide regular reports on status of specific sales, potential market opportunities, market conditions, and competitor activities.
This is a field based sales position and you will be expected to live on territory or willing to relocate on territory. .
* Understanding of Diagnostics (Molecular Diagnostics, Pathology, Virology, Immunology, Sexual Health Services, Oncology or Infectious Diseases)
* Account management and/or sales track record highly desired
* Experience of customer facing role
* Able to analyse marketing and scientific information and simplify complex business analytics to develop, execute and adjust business plans
* Able to communicate at overview top level, or detailed medical or scientific level, with the ability to work at all levels and build effective working relationships.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to creatively address challenges in an organised systematic way
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and web based customer support tools
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.