Business Development Manager - Community
Location: Home based - England (West) & Wales
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices and Technology
Our Client is a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments. Their products are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
Our client is well positioned to invest in continuous improvement, technological innovation and customer service. They are looking for a candidate that is interested in being a part of contributing to the company's successful expansion. Therefore they are seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join the UK Corporate Account team on a permanent basis.
The role will cover the UK (West) region and be responsible for the clients full portfolio; the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing and maintaining the clients market share in the Community and Alternate Site markets.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a large organisation which is passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services, with the opportunity for future career progression.
* Promote and sell the clients products in line with strategic objectives.
* Build strong and profitable relationships with regional commissioning groups.
* Further develop business relationships with the clients key distributors.
* Develop and implement a regional business plan in line with the marketing initiatives.
* Demonstrate technical understanding of the clients products and their use in the clinical settings.
* Demonstrate knowledge of competitor products.
* Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Educated to A Level standard, as a minimum
* Educated to degree standard or have clinical or technical qualifications.
* Experience in negotiating within Clinical Commissioning Groups.
* Experience within the NHS or medical industry.
* Competence in products and clinical applications.
* Excellent communication skills- verbal and written, computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Numerate.
* Able to work autonomously.
* Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stake holders at all management tier levels.
* Bonus: 20% upon the achievement of the revenue targets
* Company Car
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Sarah Whitby In the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.