Area Account Manager - Autoimmune and Infectious Disease
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices and Technology
Our client is a worldwide leader in creative research into Vitro Diagnostics, while also specialising in Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. They are focused on developing meaningful innovations, with the aim to enhance patient care and to help create healthier societies worldwide.
The Client are a large well-established company based in over 30 countries across the globe, with more than 100 territories via their distributors. Therefore, they are keen to recruit someone that can adapt to their aims and vision as a company.
The client is looking for someone preferably with a technical background specialising in auto- immune reagents. The role will consist of maximising and maintaining the sales of the Autoimmune and Infectious Disease systems and reagents, by providing users and potential customers with a high standard of professional product sales and support.
* You will be in complete charge of your territory and will be responsible for maximising profits for that area.
* You will be responsible for maintaining in depth knowledge of all the products you are initiating within your area.
* Establishing a varied network of clients and ensuring frequent contact
* Carrying out sales visits
* You will be visiting clients and conducting presentations and demonstrations on how to use the client's products and how to benefit patients' lives.
* Ensure that all clients are using products correctly, and to their full potential.
* Ensure all clients are alerted of all system updates and they are installed and initialised as quickly as possible.
* Report back to the business manager on a monthly basis.
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Educated to degree standard or be educated in Biomedical Science.
* NHS laboratory experience
* With experience in diagnostic/medical sales.
* Good working knowledge of laboratory equipment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working in a similar role
* Capable of working within a team
* IT literate
* Company car
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Sarah Whitby In the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.