Business Development Executive
Location: Yorkshire & North East
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices and Technology
Our client distributes medical products to therapy areas such as Urology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology. They specialise in working with innovative and market leading products, that ensure patient safety and comfort. They are an expanding company and are looking for someone who can join the team in order to aid them in developing their ever-growing product portfolio.
Our client is looking for a field-based Business Development Specialist who can work autonomously across Yorkshire and the North East.
They are looking for an ambitious candidate who is tenacious, self-motivated and has a successful track record of both Primary and Secondary Care markets. You will also have a strong understanding of NHS funding and procurement processes within this market.
You will have a commitment to after sales support and training, as well as enjoy building strong relationships beyond the initial sale.
Ideally you will have experience within urology, have sold capital equipment and have a good understanding of the sales process.
If you think you can bring something to the company in terms of maintaining and maximising their client base then this will be the perfect role. You will have your own territory to develop, with clear guidelines that will allow you to grow with the company.
* To work with the Sales & Marketing Manager in constructing and implementing sales strategies for your territory.
* To create a structured portfolio of clients that will have long lasting relationships with the company.
* Maintain relationships with existing clients.
* Maintain a good knowledge of the current market, concentrating on competitor activity and clinical trends.
* To participate in Company product and development training.
* Will be expected to deliver product training.
* Review own performance and participate in self-appraisal activities.
* To support the members of the management team in promoting and achieving the objectives of the company.
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Minimum of an A level standard qualification
* Proven experience working in medical device sales
* Professional attitude with a willingness to learn
* Applicants with no previous experience within sales but a strong clinical or medical technical background will be considered if you have an aptitude toward sales.
* Annual car allowance
* Bonus yearly
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Lauren Alexander In the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.