Senior Medical Manager - Oncology - Hertfordshire
An exciting opportunity to join a leading research based pharmaceutical organisation which is driven by the passion and innovative spirit of its people, creating new solutions to enrich lives across the world. The Senior Medical Manager will work within Oncology and will contribute towards the development of local medical plans, ownership of therapy area expert collaborations, and oversight of the medical strategy and tactics for the franchise. This will also involve Medical Affairs activities such as medical education programmes, non-promotional multichannel strategy, collaboration towards HTA submissions, publications, and active attendance at key global conferences. You will lead multidisciplinary teams in the UK, with significant marketing and communications engagement. The role offers the exciting challenges of operating in competitive environments, engaging with a tight knit clinical community and innovative scientific advances. This is a fast paced and highly varied role where resilience and tenacity are pre requisites, with multiple opportunities for career development. The position is head office based with occasional European travel required.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Medical Manager will have/be
* Experience in Oncology (ideal but not a pre-requisite)
* A Master's degree in a related field
* HTA submission experience
* Medical affairs experience within the pharmaceutical industry
* Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* A team player mentality whilst being self-motivated and having a 'can do' attitude.
* A working knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice
* The ability to demonstrate leadership whilst working autonomously
* Strong project management skills and the ability to communicated effectively at all levels
Apply for this role now via the website or contact Ben Chadwick in the Manchester office
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.