Senior Government Affairs and Corporate Communications Manager-Slough- competitive salary, global Pharmaceutical company!
We are delighted to be partnering with a global Pharmaceutical company that specialise in preventing serious illnesses as well as helping people to live longer and have healthier lives. They have ambitious growth plans and a strong product pipeline, so this is a fantastic opportunity to help support the performance of a high-performing sales team in line with the companies' core values.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior Government Affairs and Corporate Communications Manager to take responsibility for the successful design and delivery of the Government Affairs and Corporate Communications Strategy as well as leading on the planning, development and delivery of high impact political shaping and policy engagement programmes to support business objectives.
The Senior Government Affairs and Corporate Manager responsibilities will include:
* Development of a comprehensive integrated government affairs and corporate communications strategy
* Planning and implementation of government affairs activities with senior politicians and national level NHS policymakers/department of health
* Engaging with all relevant internal and external stakeholders resulting in exceptional insight driving the development, implementation and evaluation of our plans and individual tactics
* Proactively identify opportunities for the company to influence policy development and political decision-making
* Maintaining an accurate picture of budget status across all projects
* Managing and re-phasing monthly budgets when appropriate based upon the most recent and accurate information
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
* Experience of working with a diverse set of key political and NHS Stakeholders and commissioning work with government/communications agencies
* Demonstrable creation and leadership of high impact political and policy engagement programmes and campaigns
* Highly pro-active, self-starter able to work with minimal day to day supervision
* Understanding of the Political and Parliamentary process and an existing network of key political and NHS stakeholders
* ABPI qualification
To apply please send your CV through via this website or contact Danny Walsh in our Manchester office.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.