Head of Service - Mental Health
Location: Lewisham/ Croydon.
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices & Technology
Our client provides support to young adults and adults with learning disabilities, complex personal needs and health conditions that result in the need for additional care. They are looking for a service manager to join their Mental Health department where you will be supported by your manager and the general nurses.
The role will consist of demonstrating effective leadership and providing a clear vision for the companies' mental health services, in order to provide the best care for patients. The perfect candidate will be someone that has demonstratable experience working at a senior level in the mental health provision, and therefore can bring this past experience to the role, to become a collaborative member of the team.
* To provide clinical and managerial leadership to the department dealing with daily tasks, to result in safe and effective operations
* To monitor and ensure service standards are upheld, through the use of audit, benchmarking and user feedback
* To manage the recruitment and training of new staff
* To provide support and feedback sessions for staff
* To organise the budget for the homes and residential day care, to provide a clear record of accounts
* Identify and convert potential opportunities into new placements and services
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* You need to be a registered nurse with an experience in autism
* Minimum of 4+ years' experience working as a registered manager for services, working with individuals with mental health and associated complex needs
* Educated with a relevant social care qualification such as NVQ Level 5.
* Have a strong clinical understanding of mental health
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Experience supervising and supporting a team of staff
* Knowledge into ensuring the safe management of administering medication
* Ability to conduct holistic needs and carry out risk assessments with service users, to devise the best support and risk management plans with each individual user.
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Jonathan Woodrow in the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.