Category/Product Manager - Beds and Pressure Area Care
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices & Technology
Our client is a global company specialising in manufacturing and distributing medical products to provide patients with a more comfortable quality of life. They specialise in the Pressure and Wound Care sector; their global presence allowing them to reach people from all different backgrounds, who live with certain medical conditions that may cause a difficult quality of life.
They provide a large range of products, ranging from pressure beds to riser recliners and they are looking for someone who can join their team.
This is a role that works within the International Product Management and Marketing department. The ideal candidate will be adept at building strategies for new product opportunities and analysing the market for competitor products. You will be able to confidently create a business plan, market strategy and execute from concept to launch. You will be skilled at Full product Lifestyle Management, portfolio management, as well as a good understanding of underperforming products and how to manage this.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience working within the Wound Care and Pressure care sector. Your day to day tasks will be based in and out of their offices in Halifax. The perfect candidate for this role will be someone with a driven attitude to developing and working with a company that aim to provide the best care and attention to all patients that encounter them.
* Provide category oversight of all pressure care products- focusing on international healthcare sectors
* Identify new products and build product strategies for the development process
* Identify competitor activity and keep up to date with considerable changes in the market
* Product lifecycle management
* Creating marketing plans for new products being introduced
* Enhancing sales margins by sourcing and distributing products at a cost-effective level
* The role will consist of spending a minimum of 1 day per week in the field meeting with customers, and the other 4 days in the office planning your strategies
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Extensive experience working at manager level within the Wound and Pressure Care market
* Sales and marketing experience
* Experience selling/ marketing into international markets
* Experience delivering product marketing strategies
* Ability to communicate well with staff and clients
* Exciting bonus structure
* Laptop/ tablet
* Mobile phone
* Access to company pool car
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Lauren Alexander in the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.