Scientist, Process Sciences
Our client is a multi-speciality healthcare company focused on discovering, developing and commercialising innovative products for the Eye Care, Neuromodulator, Skin Care and other speciality markets that enable people to live life to its greatest potential. In partnership with the medical community, they bring scientific excellence and rigour to deliver leading products that improve patient outcomes.
You will be joining a centre of excellence in the drug research and development space, featuring state of the art laboratories working on innovative gene therapy studies. Within this role you will be working in downstream processing across development and production all the way to commercial scale up.
Scientist, Process Sciences Key Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and validate cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems
* Design studies to deliver results to timelines
* Write protocol, proposals and execute pilot plant correctly
* Raise and close CAPAs, deviations and change control requests
* Analyse investigation data to a high standard
* Maintain training record and train others on equipment usage
The ideal candidates will have/be:
* Minimum BSC. Or equivalent
* GMP or GLP environment exposure is essential
* Ideally downstream processing experience
* PHD preferable within biopharma/molecular biology
* Demonstrable experience in biologics role, ideally within the pharma industry
* Experience in leadership of project design and delivery
Apply now via the website or contact Rowena Deswert in the bath office
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.