National Account Manager
Candidate Location: Reading, London, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Essex (Commutable to Aylesbury)
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices & Technology
Our client is a multi-award winning medical supply company, and they are looking for someone that works well in a fast-paced environment and is keen to learn and adapt to the skills needed for the role. They distribute a vast stock of products to thousands of GP surgeries, care homes, hospitals and many more healthcare companies.
They are driven to help customers save on what they buy; for them to invest this saved revenue back into patient care. They do this by providing useful knowledge and data on their spending, to suggest how to be more effective with their expenditure.
They are looking for a National Account Manager to join the team, to take charge of managing and growing a portfolio of customers throughout the UK. You will identify new opportunities that will arise, and you will be expected to proactively ensure customer requirements are consistently met to ensure successful retention of accounts.
You will be spending 50% of your time based in the head office in Aylesbury, and the other 50% of your time will be field based.
* You will be managing a territory worth over £2m
* Manage and grow the account portfolio in your area
* Increase productivity by exceeding monthly KPI's
* Keep up to date and understand all products and services the company provides
* Recognise development opportunities in the industry and identify competitors to stay up to date in the market
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Previous experience working in a sales driven environment
* Previous experience working in the Primary Care market will be preferred
* Preferably educated to degree standard in a relevant subject area
* Full UK driving license
* Self-motivated individual with the ability to communicate information to colleagues and customers in a concise manner
* Living on territory, with the ability to regularly commute to the head office in Aylesbury
* Ability to build strong business relationships
* Ability to discuss volume-based discounts
* Uncapped commission structure
* Car allowance
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Jon Woodrow in the Bath office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.