Business Unit Manager - Biosimilars
We are delighted to be partnering with a global healthcare company that specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies whose products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients.
They are currently recruiting for a Business Unit Manager for their newly established Biosimilars division. The role will be responsible for the planning, designing and delivering of the strategic marketing plans for the Biosimilars product groups, delivering medium term strategy targets; identifying new business opportunities and investments.
We are looking for a Commercial Leader who has experience of shopping, building and leading a Sales and Marketing function to success.
* Managing Sales and Marketing team with close working manner to be able to prepare and support the team in their day to day business challenges
* Preparing and defining the business and marketing plan of the Biosimilar product range in the UK
* Working and co-ordinating Biosimilar product launches in a cross functional team
* Liaising with KOL's and relevant hospital practitioners and physicians to position our client's products in this new segment and to understand product usage and future product range developments
* Providing leadership of the marketing and selling strategy to sales management and sales force and ensure alignment of sales activity with marketing and operational plans.
* Creating and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns via the sales force to ensure that sales revenue/targets are delivered
* Maintaining up to date knowledge and technical expertise, competitor developments and activity and advise the business on appropriate marketing strategies and actions to maintain competitive advantage
The ideal candidate will be/have:
* Experience in Biologics or Biosimilars, directly involved in market entry/product launch with experience as National Sales Manager/Business Unit Manager or as a Marketing Manager of biologic product in the UK
* A degree level qualification, preferably in a science discipline
* Demonstrate good business acumen
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Senior leadership and people management skills with an analytical mind-set
Apply for this opportunity now via the website or contact Danny Walsh at the Manchester Office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.