Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Medical Devices & Technology/Pharmaceutical
Our client is one of the world's leading specialist medical suppliers. They source and distribute pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and consumable supplies to healthcare professionals in just short of 200 countries. A one-stop-shop able to deal with healthcare supply needs at all levels they have won many awards and have been identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group's 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain in 2017 and has won The Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade.
They are now on the hunt for a Profitability Accountant to join their finance team at their Head Office outside of London. You will act as Business Partner supporting the business with providing timely and accurate gross profit results.
* Ability to prepare and analyse large volumes of data to enable the creation of the gross profit reconciliation at SKU level for management.
* Liaise with the Commercial Department Managers to ensure issues identified are understood and addressed, ensuring that the overall results are accurate.
* Ongoing review and assessment of controls and working with process improvement team to implement or enhance internal controls to include
* Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required.
* Liaise with internal and external auditors where necessary
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Successful candidate will be a seeking a qualification or recently qualified with strong analytical track record. Also, they should be commercially aware, and comfortable commutating with senior management.
* Exceptional knowledge & experience with software including word processing, spreadsheets & statistical analysis
* Experience working with multi-functional disciplines including non-financial managers
* Good balance of tactical and strategic planning knowledge and experience required
* Experience in the implementation of best in class Financial Controls and Procedures
* Previous experience of SAP and BI essential, with experience in designing BI reports an advantage
For more information or to apply for this role, please call Lauren Alexander in the Bath office on 01225 336380
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.