Senior Sales Manager - Inflammation/Biologics (Rheumatology)
Star is partnering with an amazing company to recruit for a Senior Sales Manager! Our client is an International Biotech company that develops innovative, market leading products across a number of specialist disease areas. They're growing due to their exceptional pipeline. They work in a matrix environment and adopt a collective entrepreneurial mind-set. To achieve goals they focus on solutions, effective processes and continually look for ways to improve.
In this position, you will be responsible for building a group of Key Account Manager and be reporting to the Business Unit Director Inflammation.
Key accountabilities of the role:
* Establishing and meeting future developmental needs of the sales team
* Working with team to create learning plans and recommending training and development solutions
* Clearly defining roles, responsibilities and measurable outcomes for all activities of team
* Maximising sales and minimizing expenses in assigned area
* Developing and initiating strategies that create new business and build key accounts
* Providing recommendations on customer strategies and coordinating the development of territory business plans
* Direct planning and promotional activities within area of geographic or therapeutic responsibility
* Planning forecasts, managing operating budgets and monitoring expenses
* Ensuring systems are in place and being managed effectively in order to evaluate sales force effectiveness e.g. Company CRM databases
* Working with other internal functional departments, in some circumstances this may include international functional departments
The ideal candidate will be/have:
* Previous pharmaceutical hospital selling experience and relevant therapeutic knowledge is essential
* Demonstrable excellent management skills including training, coaching, performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, recruitment and selection, meeting management and plan execution
* Prior experience working within Rheumatology or highly competitive therapy area is imperative, ideally Inflammation or Biologics
* Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment, understanding new business challenges and how digital solutions can help overcome them
* Excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and understand complex issues and problems
* Previous experience with product launches in highly competitive market is desired
Apply for this opportunity now via the website or contact Leigh Deakin!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.