Head of Quality & Responsible Person - Berkshire - competitive salary, global Pharmaceutical company!
We are delighted to be partnering with a specialist supplier of clinical trial comparator drugs with a global reach.
They are currently looking for Head of Quality & Responsible Person for the UK to ensure that the company is compliant with MHRA guidelines concerning medicines & Home Office guidelines for Controlled Drugs as well as safeguarding product users against potential hazards arising from poor distribution practices.
The Head of Quality & Responsible Person responsibilities will include:
* Checking that all goods received are not counterfeit medicines, by looking for evidence of tampering or anything suspicious
* Carrying out checks by using a pre-prepared template per product arrival
* Ensuring that goods supplied by the company to clients are destroyed responsibly by the client prior to issuing a credit note as described in SOP procedures
* Ensuring that the conditions of the wholesale dealer's licence are met, and the guidelines of Good Distribution Practice are complied with
* Checking that the Warehouse and Cold Room temperatures are kept between the necessary parameters
* Ensuring that SOPs are up to date and reviewed on a regular basis
* Liaising with the MHRA and Home Office as and when necessary as well as being present for any visits by the MHRA and/or Home Office
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* Knowledge of the Medicines Act 1968
* Good understanding of the Wholesale Dealer's Licence
* Knowledge of The Human Medicines Regulations (UK SI 2012 1916)
* Knowledge of Commission guidelines for GDP of medicinal products for human use (2013/C 68/01
* Excellent communication skills
* Attention to detail
To apply please send your CV through via this website or contact Emma Thomas in our Manchester office.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.