National Account Manager - Pharmacy
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for the ideal candidates to join their UK team as a National Account Manager. Our client has over 150 years' experience within the pharmaceutical arena, with a presence in both emerging and developed markets. Established in over 50 countries, they work to improve the health of patients by using high quality, affordable and effective products.
The National Account Manager's role will require you to asses, target and develop retail sales of these core products as well as develop and manage existing business with key retail and some wholesale accounts.
You will be required to implement marketing strategies within multiple retail pharmacies as well as opening and developing business within new territories. You will be leaned upon to provide input into commercial and pricing strategy, as well as influencing your customers and clients to adjust purchasing decisions.
You will undertake local market research with support from the marketing team and identify emerging opportunities whilst engaging with the business development team.
* Investigating and resolving queries raised by national accounts
* Holding regular meetings with internal stakeholders about key accounts
* Negotiating to be able to identify and translate opportunities into sales
* Engage and proactively communicate with the corporate services
* Analyse own business sales performance
* Identify gaps and potential risks and create opportunities mitigation plans
* Responsible for planning own time appropriately to maximise business performance
* Research proactively competitor sales processes and proactively respond to any potential threats
* Work collaboratively with colleagues sharing market intelligence across regions
* To be accountable for the financial performance of your area
Traits on an ideal candidate:
* Ideally you will be ABPI qualified
* You will have at least 3 years experience in the healthcare industry with knowledge of key retail and wholesale customers
* Ideally have existing key relationships with large company and retail accounts
* Be able open and develop new business ventures
* You will demonstrate that you can lead and influence others, can communicate effectively, continuously grow and develop as well as value integrity, teamwork, talent, and good business acumen.
* Be able to work autonomously on your specific area and product
* At all times work in alignment with the code of conduct (ABPI) and within the conditions of the company's licence to supply pharmaceuticals
Apply now or contact Estelle Hamilton at the Bath Office!
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.