Medical Science Liaison - Oncology - East of England (Newcastle to Cambridge)
Our client is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical products. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, the company's vision is to become a Global Pharma Innovator within Oncology.
Within the Oncology Business Unit and due to an exciting upcoming product launch, they have created a new position as a Medical Science Liaison Manager. You will be a therapeutic area Oncology scientific expert, responsible for discussing products, patients' treatment trends and studies on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
Your role will be to maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
The ideal qualifications and experience are:
*Track record of success in an MSL and or Medical Affairs and/or research and development experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry, including experience in Oncology.
*A PhD is strongly preferred; however a degree must be gained in one or more of the following disciplines: medicine, nursing, pharmacy or the pharmaceutical/life sciences.
* Must have an in-depth understanding of MSLs role and process.
* Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
* Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy.
* Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
* Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
Excellent Basic plus car allowance, healthcare, pension + bonus
For further information please apply online or contact CHASE on 0131 553 6644.
Reference number: 31136