NHS Tender and Contracts Manager
Location: Maidenhead - flexible working offered
Our client has a fantastic opportunity to join their UK Finance department as an NHS Tender and Contract Manager. They have over 150 years' experience within the pharmaceutical arena, with a presence in both emerging and developed markets. Established in over 50 countries, they work to improve the health of patients by using high quality, affordable and effective products.
Known internationally, they are a speciality and branded pharmaceutical organisation, with an extensive catalogue of products that treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions, for example - Thrombosis, Anaesthetics, High Potency and Cytotoxics.
This is an exciting opportunity as this is a brand-new role for our client. They are very keen to find someone with excellent NHS tender experience who would be able to offer invaluable insight into the business and other Tenders. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit, working cross-collaboratively with all departments to get the products over the line.
* Cover tender submissions for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
* Oversee European tenders for company specialised brands
* Outline competitor activity and market pricing by analysing and interpreting hospital tender results
* Update and maintain collated information into tender management tool
* Advise on all upcoming tenders, including forecasting timelines for expected tenders
* Ensure contract compliance against advised volumes as well as identifying and addressing any issues internally and externally. This may include working with Tendering Authorities to ensure forecast accuracy
* Monitor stock levels to ensure availability
* Evaluate forecasts for hospital contracted lines and propose changes to demand/financial forecast to Head of Finance
* Check and authenticate hospital claims for accuracy and payment approval
* Comply with all policies and procedures, including those related to GMP and Quality & Compliance, consistent to the role and any associated responsibilities
Traits of an ideal candidate:
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent is preferable
* Sound understanding of NHS structure, Pharmaceutical industry or NHS contracting would be advantageous
* Strong organisational and analytical skills
* Proficient in all aspects of MS Office
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information or to apply, please contact Lauren Alexander in the Bath office
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.