Data Protection Officer - Commercial and Clinical Pharma
Star OUTiCO is an intelligent, insights-driven sales organisation, that helps healthcare companies optimise their brands. Our services are underpinned by insight, intelligence and technology.
Formerly separate entities as Star Medical and OUTiCO, we have recently integrated to bring together the talents and capabilities of two of the pharmaceutical industry's most effective specialist commercial service providers.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, self-starter to join us as Data Protection Officer, responsible for the Data Governance, Data Protection and ISO within the Commercial and Clinical Pharma division.
* Ensuring compliance and adherence by the relevant group entity to the Uniphar DP Framework
* Developing policies, procedures, and practices relating to data protection activities
* Monitoring performance of policies, procedures, and practices relating to data protection activities and informing senior management of the organisation's compliance with the GDPR
* Monitoring data protection and privacy enforcement actions and guidance, including from Article 29 working party and member countries
* Risk-based assessment and mitigation, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purpose of the organisation's processing
* Ensuring appropriate Technical and Organisational Measures are documented and implemented
* Creating inventories and maintaining up to date records of processing operations
* Advising the organisation, where requested, regarding data impact assessments, Legitimate Interest Assessments and Privacy by Design and Default
* Ensuring that data transfers between group entities are undertaken in compliance with documented policies and procedures
* Advising on adherence to the Retention Schedule
* Registering with the relevant Supervisory Authority as Data Protection Officer and Serving as the organisations' point of contact with the relevant Data Protection Authorities
* Responding to communications from the organisation's customers and employees regarding the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their individual data protection rights under the GDPR
Ideal candidates will have/be:
* Credible among all levels
* Able to demonstrate their knowledge to the leadership team as well as to external auditors and regulatory bodies
* Approachable and supportive of the data subjects
* Able to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
* Able to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines
Apply for this position now via this website or contact Marie Entwistle in the Manchester office.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.