Market Access & External Affairs Director - Speciality Pharma - West London
Our client is an extremely successful and growing pharmaceutical organisation who have achieved first-in-class and best-in class medicines and are committed to Research and Development. They have a focus within the Cardiovascular, Diabetes and Oncology markets where they have a strong future pipeline.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build your career in an environment where you will have full accountability and visibility and in return substantial opportunity for excellent rewards and recognition.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead the country market access and external affairs activities for their Speciality Business Unit portfolio.
Key Accountabilities / Measures:
* Strategic leadership on the development of a comprehensive integrated government affairs tactical plan
* Lobbying with key senior political and NHS policy stakeholders
* Planning and implementation of an external corporate communications strategy
* Influence, build and manage external relationships with NHS stakeholders at national, regional and local level
* Consistently communicate key policy messages to decision makers and parliamentarians
* Develop and implement national, regional and local market access strategy, framework and tactics to ensure optimal market access for product portfolio
* Ensure an in depth and up-to-date understanding of UK Health policies on pricing and market access and provide regular updates to internal stakeholders
* Responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders and being the point of contact for national and regional health technology assessment bodies such as e.g. NICE, SMC, AWMSG, and horizon scanning bodies
* Build and maintain relationships with key NHS stakeholders/payors that are responsible for healthcare decisions in the relevant therapeutic areas, e.g. NHS England
* Provides expertise into the Development of Commercial Programmes, Dispensing Deals, Rebates and Patient Access schemes at the National and Regional level
* Execution and implementation of the European Market Access Strategy in the UK by leading the HTA submissions
* Significant demonstrable experience within a pharmaceutical company in an UK national market access /external affairs role
* In-depth understanding of the NHS environment, HTA processes and established relationships with key external stakeholders at all levels (national, regional and local)
* Experience in representing at high-level industry forums, e.g. ABPI
* Proven ability to establish and build relationships with key decision-makers in the NHS
* Ideally has an MBA or PHD qualification
* Experience operating at Director level
* Development of a broad network of professional contacts both in the UK and other international markets.
Our client values individuals who are honest, driven and with a high level of integrity.
Excellent salary, plus highly competitive bonus and benefits package.
For further information please apply online or contact Danny Walsh at CHASE on 0131 553 6644
Reference Number: 31611