Market Access & External Affairs Manager - Rare Diseases - UK
Our client is a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing innovative therapies and services to improve the lives of patients with rare diseases and their families. Key therapeutic areas are Inflammation and Genetics & Metabolism. They have world-class capabilities in protein biochemistry and biologics manufacturing development.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Access and Community Engagement, you will be primarily responsible for managing relationships with the NHS and its equivalents in the devolved nations and RoI including:
* any pricing and access negotiations
* management of tenders
* national policy development including HTA policy across England (NICE), the devolved nations (SMC & AWMSG) and the Republic of Ireland (NCPE).
Activity will include developing and managing relationships with key NHS/HSE, political and policy stakeholders which are critical for future product access.
A key aspect of the role will be to develop a strategy to improve the landscape in which commissioning with respect to haemophilia takes place, so that it is more focussed on patient outcomes and less solely on price.
* Extensive experience in a similar specialist role either in consultancy or in-house
* Detailed knowledge of health care and life sciences policy in England and the devolved nations
* Knowledge of devolved governments, NHS and/or other healthcare institutions
* Experience & insight of/into negotiating with NHSE and similar bodies and of/into tendering
* Extensive research skills across a range of research methods
* Knowledge of rare disease policy and priorities
Competitive basic salary, excellent bonus and benefits package.
Please apply online or for further information contact CHASE on 0131 553 6644
Reference number: 31630